Adding suggested cases for an Email channel
Specify suggested business cases for your Pega Email Bot™ to provide meaningful automatic responses to emails. Based on text analysis of a received email, the email bot uses the suggested case as the detected subject matter, to match a response to the email. As a result, customer service representatives (CSRs) can react to user inquiries more quickly and efficiently, improving overall user satisfaction.For example, if you define a bank loan business case in your application and later add it as a suggested case for the email bot, when the system detects that an email request from a customer is related to a bank loan request, the system then suggests a bank loan case to spin off to the CSR that triages the email.
When you triage an email for an interaction case, you can spin off a regular case only if that regular case type is in the suggested cases list. For suggested cases that you define, the email bot can also perform automatic entity extraction of email contents, for example, city names, dates, or addresses, to case properties. You can also use suggested cases during intelligent email routing.
To learn about creating a case from email by using relevant training materials and a virtual Pega instance, see the Creating a case from an email challenge on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Email channel.
- In the Email channel, click the Behavior tab.
- In the Suggested cases section, click Add suggested case.
- In the Case type list, click the case type that you want to add.
- In the Suggested cases section, select a method for
modifying a suggested case:
For more information, see Setting up text analysis for a suggested case.
- To create a new suggested case, click Add suggested case, and then, in the Add suggested case window in the Choose case type list, select a case type.
- To edit an existing suggested case, click the Switch to edit mode icon for the case type that you want to update.
- If you configure multiple languages for the email bot, in the Add
suggested case window, click a language.The supported languages are displayed on a vertical tab. When you add a new case or edit an existing case, you switch between the languages by clicking the name of a language.
- Enter the items that trigger an action, and then separate them with
- In the Approximate match field, enter words and short phrases to use as an approximate match for the suggested case that triggers the action.
- In the Must match field, enter words and short phrases that trigger an action for the suggested case when they occur in the email.
- In the Never match field, enter words and short phrases that never trigger an action for the suggested case.
- Optional: To configure additional languages for the suggested case, repeat steps 7 through 8.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To add more suggested cases, repeat steps 4 through 10.
- Set up entity property mapping for the suggested case. For more information, see Setting up entity property mapping.
- Define suggested responses for the email bot. For more information, see Defining suggested responses for an Email channel.
Previous topic Defining Email channel behavior Next topic Setting up text analysis for a suggested case