Enabling users to interact with Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) using WhatsApp Messenger requires first configuring a WhatsApp number in the Twilio portal. The WhatsApp number that you connect to your Twilio account must be upgraded to a paid account, to ensure that you can configure the IVA for WhatsApp in Pega Platform so that users can report issues or ask for help in your application.
- Create a Facebook Manager business account on the Facebook portal to generate a Facebook Manager business account ID. For more information, see Get Started with Facebook Business Manager Guide on the Facebook website.
- Create a Twilio account on the Twilio portal. For more information, see Get started with a free Twilio account on the Twilio website.
- Upgrade the Twilio account to a paid account. For more information, see Upgrading to a paid Twilio account on the Twilio support website.
- Set up a sandbox for your WhatsApp account and accept the terms of service on
the Twilio portal.For more information, see Help Center section for Whats App on the Twilio console.
- Set up your WhatsApp business profile and add an existing mobile number to the
profile.You can also read the Twilio guide describing this procedure on the Twilio portal. For more information, see the Setting up a business profile section in the Twilio API for WhatsApp Best Practices and FAQs guide on the Twilio website.
- Send a request to Twilio to enable your official WhatsApp business profile to
access Twilio numbers.When you apply for an official account to access Twilio numbers for WhatsApp, the application form includes the I wish to provision this account with a third party vendor field. Use this field when delegating the management of your WhatsApp business profile in Twilio to a third-party organization. In most situations you will not be delegating account management, so you can leave this field empty. For more information, see Request access to enable your Twilio numbers for WhatsApp on the Twilio website.
Result: After approximately two weeks, Twilio approves your WhatsApp business profile.
- Find and connect the WhatsApp number to your WhatsApp business profile.For more information, see Connect your Twilio number to your WhatsApp business profile on the Twilio website.
- Optional: To be able to send unsolicited WhatsApp messages outside of the last 24 hours
to users, create 24-hour window templates.For more information, see Optional WhatsApp configuration for your Twilio account.
- Optional: To obtain the official business account status for your WhatsApp business
profile, Twilio must verify your WhatsApp account.For more information, see Optional WhatsApp configuration for your Twilio account.