To use Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Alexa with a Pega Platform application, add a new Amazon Alexa skill in the Amazon developer portal. An Amazon skill provides a built-in set of capabilities for Alexa so that IVA for Alexa can answer specific Pega Platform questions.
Creating an Amazon Alexa skill generates a unique application ID that you later use to configure the Alexa channel in Pega Platform to function as an IVA for Alexa.
- From a web browser, log in to the Amazon developer portal.
- Click the Alexa menu, and then create a new skill.
- Click the Skill name tab, and then enter an invocation name for the customers to activate the Amazon skill.
- From the Default language list, click English (US).
- In.…, start a new skill definition by choosing the template.
- Display a list of all Alexa skills, and then click View Skill ID for the new skill that you created.
- Save the unique application ID to a temporary file.