Ensure that your Email channel has integrations with necessary email accounts,
and is properly configured for your system, for example, to support multiple languages
and display your organization's unique branding in outbound emails. As a result, you
ensure that users have an additional way to communicate with your application to ask for
help or solve an issue.
For example, by creating an email bot for a travel
agency you can help users book a flight by interacting with your application just by using
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click
- In the Email channel name field in the
Details section, enter a name for your Email
- Optional: To explain the purpose of your email bot, in the
Description field, enter a short description for the
- In the Email handling section, click Add
email account, and then select an email account.
You set up at least one email account for the Email channel so that users know
which email address to send their requests to the email bot.
- Optional: To verify that you can use the email account that you selected, click
- If you want to define additional email accounts for the email bot, repeat steps
5 and 6.
- Optional: To embed case identifiers in the email subject, in the Additional
settings section, select the Display case ID in
By default, the email bot uses a secure threading mechanism by embedding an
encrypted security code in the email body to track emails replies from customers
and other stakeholders in the correct email thread for a triage case. However,
if your organization requires that emails display case identifiers in the email
subject, you can enable this option. For more information, see Email triage process
- Optional: To enhance how information is presented in emails and triage cases and to
enable rich HTML text for the email bot, in the Additional
settings section, select the Allow rich text (html) in
Enabling this option enhances how important information in the email is
presented in the system, for example, in triage cases displaying conversations
details from users.
- In the Additional settings section, in the
Reference operator list, select a reference operator
for your email bot.
You select a reference operator so that the system automatically assigns the
email triage case to a unique Pega Platform operator when
an exception occurs. A reference operator is a Pega Platform
user on behalf of whom service mails are created in the system.
- In the Languages list, select the languages in which the
email bot interacts with users.
You select the languages in which the email bot processes emails so that the
system can perform text analysis and provide automatic responses in the correct
language. By supporting multiple languages in an email bot, you increase the
availability of your application to users who speak different languages. You
configure reply email templates for each language separately.
- In the Outbound email template list, select a template
for the system to use for outbound emails.
You select an outbound email template so that email interactions with
customers and other stakeholders have a consistent look and feel that represents
the unique brand for your organization. The system provides you with three
built-in templates. The Cobalt template uses a solid blue header with a
light-colored logo and the system displays email threads in separate bubbles
with the same blue top border. The Classic template uses a darker color logo on
a gray background and the system displays the email threads in separate bubbles
with a white background. The Clear template does not use any visible styles.
- Optional: To fit your business needs, modify the selected outbound email template:
- Click Edit template next to the
Outbound email template list.
- Modify how the template looks by changing the email background color,
logo, header, body, and footer information.
- Save the outbound email template rule that belongs to a locked ruleset
to an isolated sandbox so that you can test your changes, by clicking
- Save the outbound email template rule to a ruleset by clicking
- Click Back to Pega App Studio.
- Click Save.