Save time building your chatbot by creating Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) based on
a verified configuration in another IVA channel.
For example, in your
production environment, if you have an IVA for Digital Messaging that
intelligently responds to customer inquiries, starts business cases, and interacts with your
application, you can reuse the existing Digital Messaging channel configuration in a new channel.
When you create a
Digital Messaging or Legacy Webchat channel
based on a configuration in another IVA channel, the system copies the following
configured information from the existing channel:
- Conversation flows
- Case commands
- Response commands
- Text analyzers
- Settings in the Options section
- Template operator
Before you begin: Create a Digital Messaging or Legacy Webchat channel, define the channel behavior, and then verify that the chatbot correctly
responds to user interactions. For more information, see:
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon
that represents your existing Digital Messaging or Legacy Webchat channel with the settings that you want to copy
to the new channel.
- In the upper right of the page, click .
- In the Copy channel interface window, click the Digital Messaging or Legacy Webchat icon
that represents the channel that you want to create.Result: The system displays the new channel.
- In the Details section, in the Channel
interface name field, enter a name for your channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the
Description field, enter a short description of your
- For Digital Messaging channels, click the
Connection tab, and then in the Base
URL field, enter a new URL for your system.
- Click Save.