Create Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Legacy Webchat so that users can interact with a Pega Platform application to answer questions, report an issue, or step through a process by sending messages in an embedded chat window. For example, with the IVA for Legacy Webchat, users can create a case to inquire about a car price estimate or book a flight.
An IVA for Legacy Webchat takes advantage of similar bot capabilities that are available in the IVA for Facebook. However, you have full control over the end-to-end communication and no additional accounts or third-party installation is necessary.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Legacy Webchat.
- In the Details section, in the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the Description field, enter a short description of your IVA.
- In the channel, click the Connection tab.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name of an
existing Pega Platform operator to use as a template. The system uses this operator as a template to create all further accounts. Each account has a unique channel identifier set as its ID.
- Click Save.
- Embed a Legacy Webchat channel chat window on a web
page. For more information, see Embedding a chat window for the Legacy Webchat channel.
- Customize the Legacy Webchat channel by changing the Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) styles, changing the text for the action prompt, or creating custom user interface controls. For more information, see Customizing the Legacy Webchat channel.
- Define the conversational channel behavior for IVA for Legacy Webchat. For more information, see Defining conversational channel behavior.