Customer service representatives (CSRs) can quickly detect duplicate or related
business cases during the triage process, to improve the general flow of information
reported by a user in an email. As a result, all information reported about an issue is
available from one place in the system.
A CSR can map or link duplicate or
related business cases in the Email Manager or Case Manager portal.
Before you begin: In order for the system to detect duplicate or related business cases, configure
detecting cases for a case type. For more information, see Finding duplicate cases.
What to do next: If the system finds duplicate cases for the business case you want to create, you
can compare and map the existing case properties to the duplicate or related case. For
more information, see Mapping to duplicate or related cases for an email bot.
- Open a portal by performing one of the following actions:
- To open the Case Manager portal, in App Studio, click
- To open the Email Manager portal, in App Studio, click
Case Manager, and then click Email
- Open a triage case by performing one of the following actions:
For example: Click ET-962.
- To edit a triage case in the Case Manager portal, in the dashboard view
in the list of cases, click a case name.
- To edit a triage case in the Email Manager portal, in the list of
emails, click an email.
- In the right panel, click the Details tab.Result: The Create case section displays a list of
suggested business cases for the triage case.
- In the Create case section, click the name of the new
business case you want to spin off for the triage case.Result: If the system finds duplicate or related business cases, the
Potential duplicate cases have been found window
displays a list of the duplicate or related cases.
- Optional: To skip the comparison of the duplicate case and just create a new business
case, click Skip and create new case.