Ensure that Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) asks the correct follow-up questions to
user input, by modifying the chatbot responses. By simulating a conversation and
modifying chatbot response questions in the preview console, the IVA learns how to
obtain additional clarifying information about the correct case type from the user in a
quick and conversational manner.
For example, in a request for a car
insurance quote, during a user interaction, an IVA asks questions about the make, model, and
year of production of the car, and then automatically stores the answers in the properties
of the business case.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon
that represents your existing Alexa, Digital Messaging, or
Legacy Webchat channel.
- In the channel, click the Behavior tab.
- At the top of the preview console, turn on the Show
- In the preview console, in the right panel, enter a command.
- To view additional options for the displayed question, click the
View folder contents icon below the question in the
- In the Edit question window, in the Question
text field, edit the text for the question.
- Optional: To map the follow-up question from the IVA to a property, edit the
Map answer to property field.
- Click Save.