- Configure Digital Messaging channel security settings. For more information, see Configuring Digital Messaging channel security.
- If you do not have an IVA for Digital Messaging, create a Digital Messaging channel. For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel.
- If you do not have an Apple Messages for Business account, create one in the Apple Business Register portal by registering for the service. In the Messaging Service Provider section of your Messages for Businesst account, select the provider specified for your implementation, for example: Pegasystems Inc. or Pegasystems Inc. EU. Apple will generate an identifier for your account. For more information, refer to the Apple Business Register portal.
For relevant training materials, see the Configuring Digital Messaging Manager module on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging channel.
- In the Digital Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Manage connections.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the Apple Messages for Business icon.
- On the New Apple Messages for Business page, in the Name field, enter a label for your Messages for Business account to use in the system.
- In the Messages for Business ID field, enter
the identifier for your Apple Messages for Business account.Apple generates a unique identifier when you create an account in the Apple Business Register portal.
The following figure shows sample configuration settings for Apple Messages for Business:
- Click Save.
Result: The system displays information that the new Messages for Business account was successfully registered.
- Optional: To display all of your configured accounts for messaging platforms in the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Home.
- Close the browser window, and then in the Digital Messaging channel, click Save.