- Configure Digital Messaging channel security settings. For more information, see Configuring Digital Messaging channel security.
- If you do not have an IVA for Digital Messaging, create a Digital Messaging channel. For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel.
- If you do not have a Twitter account, set one up. For more information, refer to the Twitter developer portal.
For relevant training materials, see the Configuring Digital Messaging Manager module on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging channel.
- In the Digital Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Manage connections.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the Twitter icon.
- On the new page, if required, enter your Twitter account credentials, and then
click Authorize app.This action ensures that you give permission to your Twitter account to send and receive messages on behalf of the IVA channel for Digital Messaging.
Result: The window displays information that the Twitter account was successfully registered.
- Optional: To display all of your configured accounts for messaging platforms in the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Home.
- Close the browser window, and then in the Digital Messaging channel, click Save.