For relevant training materials and to test this feature on a virtual Pega instance, see the Configuring Digital Messaging Manager module and the Creating a Digital Messaging interface challenge on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging channel.
- In the Digital Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Manage connections.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the Web Messaging icon.
- Configure general settings for the
- On the General tab, in the Name field, enter a name for the account.
- In the Chat headings section, in the Language list, select a language for the chat heading.
- In the Chat heading field, enter a heading that the system displays in the chat window.
- Optional: To define a heading in an additional language, click Add
chat heading for another language, and then repeat steps
through 6.c.You can define a heading in additional languages based on the list of supported languages for the Digital Messaging channel.
- Click Save.
- Configure sound notifications when messages arrive in the chat window:
When you enable sound notifications for the chat window, website users can also control their sounds directly from the widget menu by clicking an option to Mute or Unmute.
- In the Sound notifications section, in the Choose when to play list, select Don't Play Sound Notifications, Play On Every Message, or Play Only When Not Visible.
- If you selected to play a sound for every message or only when the chat window is not visible, in the Select sound list, select one of the predefined sounds.
- Optional: To hear the audio of the selected predefined sound, click the Play icon.
- In the Widget configuration section, configure the
settings for the widget:
- Select the Enable emojis picker checkbox to let users insert a predefined emoji in the chat message during an interaction.
- Select the Display download transcript option checkbox to let users download a transcript of the current interaction.
- Select the Allow customer to upload and send attachments checkbox to permit users upload and send file attachments during a chat interaction.
- Select the Display typing indicator checkbox to display a typing indicator in the chat window to users before the system sends the chatbot response.
- Select the Display select language option
checkbox to permit users switch to another supported language in the
chat window.When you enable this option, users can switch between each of the supported languages for the Digital Messaging channel. For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel.
- Select the Enable virus scanning for attachments checkbox to let the system scan file attachments uploaded during a chat interaction for viruses.
- Adjust the Web Messaging widget appearance.For more information, see Adjusting the Web Messaging widget appearance.
- Optional: To configure a list of additional channels that users can switch to from the
- Click the Channel switching tab.
- In the Channel switching control placement section, click Top right menu or Visible in header to configure where the system displays the option to switch channels.
- Click Add channel, and then in the Add channel window, in the Channel list, select a channel.
- In the Connections section, click the name of your configured channel account, and then click Submit.
- Add more channels by repeating steps 10.c through 10.d.
- Optional: To configure the chat context data to display to CSRs when they interact with
- Click the Context data tab.
- In the General information section, select the context data to capture during interaction with a user.
- Click Save.
- In the Tags section, in the Display
Name field and the Tag field,
define the tags to add to your website, and then click
Add.Use tags to capture custom context data during an interaction with a user so that the system passes this information to a CSR. Custom tags require additional implementation on your website.
- Optional: To add more tags, repeat step 11.d.
- Optional: To configure security options for the Web Messaging widget:
- Click the Security tab.
- In the Allowed domains section, in the
New domain field, enter a domain in which the
system can display the Web Messaging widget, and then click
- Optional: To add more domains to the list, repeat step 12.b.
- In the Allowed cookies section, in the New cookie field, enter a cookie name that the system allows to pass information between your website and your application.
- Optional: To add more cookies to the list, repeat step 12.d.
- Optional: To sign requests while exchanging private data, in the JWT
Secret section, click Show JWT
Secret, and then copy the displayed identification code
to the clipboard or a file.You can then use the identification code to authorize requests when you exchange private data.
- Click the Installation tab, and then copy to clipboard or a text file the displayed script code for your Web Messaging widget.