Enable verified users to send text messages (SMS or MMS) to a mobile number that you define for a Twilio account. As a result, users can later interact with Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) and your application by sending and receiving text messages requesting more information, reporting an issue, or asking for help.
- Create a Twilio account:
- In a web browser, go to the Twilio portal login page, and then click Sign up.
- Enter your name, email address, and password, and then click Start your free trial.
- Click the verification link in the email, and then enter a mobile number to use with your Twilio account.
- In the Twilio portal, verify the mobile number for your account by entering the verification code.
- Set up your mobile number for use with the Twilio account:
- In the Twilio portal, click Get a Trial Number
in the Dashboard section, and then click
Choose this Number.You use the generated account identifier and authentication token by Twilio to later configure an IVA for Digital Messaging so that verified users can send SMS or MMS messages to your Pega Platform application. For more information, see Setting up the IVA for SMS/MMS (Twilio).
- In the left panel, click .
- In the Messaging section, in the A
Message Comes In field for a webhook, enter the URL
generated in the Webhook section for your SMS
account page in Digital Messaging Manager.For more information, see Setting up the IVA for SMS/MMS (Twilio).
- Click Save.
- In the Twilio portal, click Get a Trial Number in the Dashboard section, and then click Choose this Number.
- Add test users for your Twilio mobile number:Before your Twilio mobile number is available in a production environment for a Pega Platform application, only users that you set up in the system as verified callers can send and receive SMS or MMS messages for your account.
- In the left panel in the Phone Numbers section, click Verified Caller IDs.
- Click the Add icon, and then click Text me instead.
- Enter the mobile number of a test caller to use with your Twilio account.
- Enter the verification code.
- Optional: To add more verified users for your Twilio account, for example, for testing purposes, repeat steps 3.b through 3.d.