To successfully copy your Legacy Webchat channel to a Digital Messaging channel, open the legacy channel and select a command to copy the channel to a new Digital Messaging channel, then enable Digital Messaging-specific conversations for your case types, and then define the social messaging platforms that you want to use in the new channel.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Legacy Webchat channel.
- Click Actions, and then click Copy channel interface.
- In the Copy channel window, click Digital Messaging.
- Configure the new Digital Messaging channel and save your
changes.Do not set up the channel for any social messaging platforms yet. For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel.
- Enable Digital Messaging-specific conversations for your case
types that are enabled for your existing legacy channel.For more information, see Adding a conversational channel to a case type process.
- Define social messaging platforms for your new Digital Messaging channel.For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel.