When you triage an email for an interaction case, you can spin off a regular case only if that regular case type is in the suggested cases list. For suggested cases that you define, the email bot can also perform automatic entity extraction of email contents, for example, city names, dates, or addresses, to case properties. You can also use suggested cases during intelligent email routing.
To learn about creating a case from email by using relevant training materials and a virtual Pega instance, see the Creating a case from an email challenge on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Email channel.
- In the Email channel, click the Behavior tab.
- In the Suggested cases section, click Add suggested case.
- In the Case type list, click the case type that you want to add.
- In the Suggested cases section, select a method for
modifying a suggested case:
For more information, see Setting up text analysis for a suggested case.
- To create a new suggested case, click Add suggested case, and then, in the Add suggested case window in the Choose case type list, select a case type.
- To edit an existing suggested case, click the Switch to edit mode icon for the case type that you want to update.
- If you configure multiple languages for the email bot, in the Add
suggested case window, click a language.The supported languages are displayed on a vertical tab. When you add a new case or edit an existing case, you switch between the languages by clicking the name of a language.
- Enter the items that trigger an action, and then separate them with
- In the Approximate match field, enter words and short phrases to use as an approximate match for the suggested case that triggers the action.
- In the Must match field, enter words and short phrases that trigger an action for the suggested case when they occur in the email.
- In the Never match field, enter words and short phrases that never trigger an action for the suggested case.
- Optional: To configure additional languages for the suggested case, repeat steps 7 through 8.
- Click Submit.
- Optional: To add more suggested cases, repeat steps 4 through 10.