To support using Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) chat on various messaging
platforms, configure the security settings for your Digital Messaging
channel. When you define the security settings for the applications, you can access
Digital Messaging Manager for your channels in each supported production level, for
example, development, staging, or production.
You can then set up the
supported messaging connections, for example, Web Messaging and Twilio
WhatsApp for your applications.
Before you begin:
- Verify that your application meets the requirements to access Digital Messaging Manager. The following are the minimum Pega Customer Serviceand Pega Platform versions required:
- Pega Customer Service version 8.4.4 with Pega Platform version 8.4.5.
- Pega Customer Service version 8.5.2 with Pega Platform version 8.5.4.
- Pega Customer Service version 8.6 with Pega Platform version 8.6.
- Pega Customer Service version 8.7 with Pega Platform version 8.7.
- Define a publicly accessible secured URL for the environment, or configure the
system to allow communication with Digital Messaging Service. If your Pega Platform is installed on premises or has internal access
only, perform additional configuration for your environment so that your system
can communicate with Digital Messaging Service. For more information, see Configuring on-premises or internal access only environments for Digital Messaging access.
- If you do not have Digital Messaging
Manager ID and Manager Key
credentials, contact your organization’s Pega
account team to have them provisioned for each of your applications and
environments in which you will enable the service.
- Ensure that you request a separate set of credentials for each environment and
each application in which you will enable Digital Messaging.
What to do next: Set up a Digital Messaging channel for messaging platforms, for
example, Web Messaging by adding messaging accounts in Digital Messaging Manager. For more information, see Creating a Digital Messaging channel. Note: Messaging accounts
that you set up for your channel cannot be duplicated within the same application or
across other applications. If you reuse a messaging account, the system displays the
already connected error in Digital Messaging Manager.
For example, as best practice, when moving your application from a staging to a
development environment and you wish to re-use a test account for example, Twilio
WhatsApp, ensure that you first delete the messaging account connection in Digital Messaging Manager for your staging environment, before you attempt to connect the
same messaging account to a development environment. Other connection types, for
example, Web Messaging and Mobile Messaging SDK
cannot be re-connected on a different channel, application or environment, and must
be created as a new connection.
- Switch to Dev Studio.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click
- In the application rule, click the Security tab.
- In the Digital Messaging security section, in the
Manager ID field, enter the identifier for Digital Messaging Manager.
- In the Manager Key field, enter the key for Digital Messaging Manager.
- In the Authentication method section, click API
Key or JWT.
You will receive the configured authentication method for your system with
your identifiers when Pega provisions Digital Messaging Service
Manager ID and Manager Key
credentials for your environment.
- Click Save.
- Switch back to App Studio.