Enhance communication between customers and CSRs using the Web Messaging widget by implementing real-time translation with the Google Translate API. To enable secure access to Google's translation service, obtain a Google Translate API key from your Google Cloud account. This third-party integration provides seamless multilingual support in your application, promoting global engagement.
- Sign in to the Google Cloud console.
- In the Google Cloud console, create a new project.
- Enable the Google Translate API.
- Generate an API key to use for the Google translate service.For more information, see the Create an API key section in Authenticate by using API keys.
- Optional: To limit the usage of data in the Google translate services, select quotas and
limits for your project.For more information, see Quotas and limits.
- Define the Google Translate API key for your Web Messaging
For more information, see Enabling real-time translation for Web Messaging.
- In your Digital Messaging channel interface, click the Connection tab
- Click Manage connections.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, edit your Web Messaging connection, and then click the Language tab.
- In the Real-time translations section, in the Translation service list, select Google Translate.
- In the API key field, enter the API key that you generated in step 4.
- Click Save.