Creating training data manually for an IVA
Ensure that Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) interprets chat messages from users in the correct way by manually creating training records from which the system can learn. Training records provide valuable information for the IVA that strengthens the artificial intelligence algorithms and improves the accuracy of your text analytics model. By training the model, you ensure that the system correctly detects topics and entities, the subject matter and other vital information extracted from the chat conversation.For example, you can add a training record in which customers request bank loans. If you connect that record to a bank loan topic, the system learns to associate this information with bank loan cases.
You review the training data before applying the changes to the text analytics model.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging channel.
- In the channel, click the Training data tab.
- In the toolbar, click Add records.
- In the Topic field in the Create new training record window, press the Down arrow key, and then select the topic to which the training record relates, for example, Bank loan.
- If you configure multiple languages for the chatbot, select a language for the training record.
- In the text field below the Topic field, enter the text
for the training record.The text must be a good representation of sample user input, from which the IVA can learn to respond to messages.
For example: I would like to obtain a bank loan for the amount of 10,000 dollars.
- Click Create record.
For example: The following figure shows a list of training data for a chatbot in English and German, including a training record in English requesting a bank loan: Result: The system displays the training record in the list on the Training data tab. The Review training data section displays the content of the training record with the detected entities highlighted. The NLP analysis section displays the detected topic and entity types in the training data.
- Optional: To add more training records for the IVA, repeat steps 4 through 8.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Enabling training data recording for an IVA Next topic Correcting training data in an IVA