Enabling subject analysis in email
To detect entities present in the subject of an email, enable subject analysis for Pega Email Bot™. With subject analysis, a text analyzer scans the subject field of an email for topics and entities.An email bot uses entities that are detected during text analysis in intelligent email routing, to determine the best action, for example, to open a case or send an automatic reply.
An entity is text that is detected by the system in an email and its attachments to help the email bot correctly respond to users. Entity text is comprised of proper nouns that fall into a commonly understood category, for example, a person, location, date, organization, or a ZIP code. With entity property mapping, the detected entities by the email bot are automatically assigned to case properties in a Pega Platform application.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Email channel.
- In the Email channel, click the Behavior tab.
- To enable advanced configuration mode, select the Use advanced
configuration checkbox.In the advanced configuration mode, you enable email subject analysis for the each advanced text analyzer separately.
- If you use the advanced configuration mode for a text analyzer, in the Text Analyzer section, click the Switch to edit mode icon next to the text analyzer that you want to use for subject analysis.
- Select the Enable subject analysis checkbox.
- If you use the advanced configuration mode for a text analyzer, click Submit.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Defining topics for text analysis for an email bot Next topic Enabling email attachments analysis during email triage