In an email bot, you can set up intelligent routing of emails by defining routing and automation conditions based on rules, email details, or natural language processing (NLP), such as entity extraction, category detection, and sentiment analysis. With intelligent routing, the system automatically routes incoming email content to an operator or to a work queue as an email triage, or creates a case. When you set up an Email channel, Pega Platform automatically configures email instantiation for the selected case.
For relevant training materials, see the Intelligent email module on Pega Academy.
- Build and configure an Email channel for an application:
- Set up an email bot by creating an Email channel, adding email accounts
for email handling, and selecting a reference operator.For more information, see Creating an Email channel.
- Define Email channel behavior by adding suggested cases, defining
suggested responses, and configuring email analysis. For more information, see Defining Email channel behavior.
- Set up intelligent routing of emails by defining routing conditions
based on email header content, text entity, topic, sentiment analysis,
or a when rule. With intelligent routing, the system automatically routes email content from users to an operator or to a work queue as an email triage case, or creates a top-level case. For more information, see Configuring intelligent email routing.
- Set up an email bot by creating an Email channel, adding email accounts for email handling, and selecting a reference operator.
- Use the Email channel to record and train the data for the text analytics
model, triage emails, and display reports:
- Enable the recording of training data, create training data, and then
apply changes to the text analytics model for the email bot.For more information, see Training the model for the Email channel.
- Triage incoming emails for the email bot.You can reply to users, forward emails to additional stakeholders, send Pulse messages, spin off business cases, detect duplicate triage cases, or resolve triage cases. For more information, see Triaging incoming emails.
- Display built-in reports about the number of received emails, triaged
cases, and created business cases.For more information, see Viewing reports for the Email channel.
- Enable the recording of training data, create training data, and then apply changes to the text analytics model for the email bot.
- Manage the Email
channel by troubleshooting, updating, and further customizing the system:
- Perform additional tasks to customize the email bot.For more information, see Customizing the Email channel.
- Address issues in the email bot by verifying the email integration
settings and fixing the routing conditions that you define for
intelligent routing.For more information, see Troubleshooting the email bot.
- Perform maintenance tasks and update the email bot to the 8.5 version,
to improve performance and make the system more reliable. For more information, see Updating the email bot to the 8.5 version.
- Perform additional tasks to customize the email bot.