Mapping entities in conversation text
To prevent your Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) from asking for information that the user has already provided, you can optionally configure entity mapping definitions for the cases configured in your channel. When the IVA creates a case during a chat session, the system applies the associated entity mapping and copies any entities extracted from the user input into the case properties.For example, for a Car Insurance case, you can map the CarModel and CarMake entities to the .CarModel and .CarMake case properties. When these entities are detected in a chat conversation, their values are automatically assigned to the case properties and the system does not ask the user about the car make and model.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging or Alexa channel.
- In the channel that you select, click the Behavior tab.
- At the top of the preview console, turn on the Show analysis switch.
- In the preview console, in the right panel input field, enter a sample
For example: For a car insurance quote, enter: I would like to request a car insurance quote for my Ford Mustang GT. Result: The analysis in the preview console shows the sentiment of the user input (positive, negative, neutral), the detected topic, the confidence in the detected topic (as a percentage), and the detected entities.
- In the create case section, click the Open response configuration icon.
- In the Response configuration window, click the Entities extraction tab.
- Add an entity to a case property mapping by clicking Add mapping.
- In the Entity list, click an entity.
For example: To map an entity defined for a car make, select Car Make.
- In the Case property list, click a case property that
you want to map to the entity.
For example: To map the Car Make entity to a case type property called Make, select Make.
- To add another entity to the case property mapping, repeat steps 8 through 10.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Creating entities for an IVA Next topic Applying simulation changes to a text analytics model