Switch to the Digital Messaging interface from your existing Legacy Webchat interface if you want to use the new React-based Web Messaging widget.
- On the Security tab of the application definition in
Dev Studio, enter the Manager
ID and the Manager Key in the
Digital Messaging security section, and then click
Save. Make sure you are in the application from your stack in which you are setting up your channels.
- Navigate to your Legacy Webchat interface.
- On the right side of the page, click .
- In the Copy channel pop-up window, click Bot
Agent to switch from your Legacy Webchat
to the Digital Messaging interface.
The following figure shows how to copy a channel interface:
Note: Creating a copy of the Legacy Webchat channel using the Bot agent option creates a digital messaging interface with built-in conversation flows, case commands, and responses configured in the Legacy Webchat interface.
- On the Channel tab of your new Digital Messaging interface, in the Set up
section, enter Template Operator and Base
URL (URL for the instance), and then click
Result: You can now add your connections to the different Digital Messaging channels through the Digital Messaging Manager.
- Click Manage connections to access the Digital Messaging Manager.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager, create a Web Messaging connection and configure
its appearance. To display a welcome message to customers when they open the widget for the first time, add the message in the Display Message field on the General tab of Web Messaging connection. The welcome message configured in the Behavior tab of the Digital Messaging interface will not apply.
- Deploy the Web Messaging widget on the client’s website pages by copying the code snippet on the Installation tab of your Web Messaging connection and using this snippet to replace the Legacy Webchat Mashup script.