Modifying chatbot response questions
Ensure that Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) asks the correct follow-up questions to user input, by modifying the chatbot responses. By simulating a conversation and modifying chatbot response questions in the preview console, the IVA learns how to obtain additional clarifying information about the correct case type from the user in a quick and conversational manner.For example, in a request for a car insurance quote, during a user interaction, an IVA asks questions about the make, model, and year of production of the car, and then automatically stores the answers in the properties of the business case.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging or Alexa channel.
- In the channel, click the Behavior tab.
- If you configure multiple languages for the chatbot, at the top-right of the preview console, select a language.
- Turn on the Show analysis switch.
- In the preview console, in the right panel, enter a command.
For example: To request a car insurance quote, enter: I would like to request a car insurance quote. Result: The preview console starts a Car Insurance case and displays a follow-up question, for example: What is the make of the foreign-made car?
- To view additional options for the displayed question, click the View folder contents icon below the question in the preview console.
- In the Edit question window, in the Question
text field, edit the text for the question.
For example: To have the IVA ask a question about any car make, enter the following text: What is the make of the car?
- Optional: To map the follow-up question from the IVA to a property, edit the
Map answer to property field.
For example: To map a response to a property requesting the make of a car, enter .Make.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Verifying detected topics and entities Next topic Creating entities for an IVA