If your security team requires JSON Web Token (JWT) authentication for communication between your IVA for Digital Messaging and social messaging platforms, you can configure this alternative security method for your channel. JWT authentication is an industry-standard method that permits the sender to sign a request with a unique token that the receiver later verifies, to ensure that the obtained request is valid and that the token did not expire.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Digital Messaging channel.
- In the Digital Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Manage connections.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the iOS App Messaging icon.
- On the General tab, in the Name field, enter a name for the iOS App Messaging connection.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To configure the chat context data to display to CSRs when they interact with
- Click the Context data tab.
- In the General information section, select the
context data to capture during interaction with a user:
Context data Description IP address The IP address of the mobile device. Location The physical location of the mobile device based on GPS settings. Device/OS The mobile operating system and the device type.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To configure security options for iOS app messaging:
- Click the Security tab.
- Optional: To sign requests during communication between IVA for Digital Messaging and your iOS app, in the JWT
Secret section, click Show JWT
Secret, and then use this key for your token during JWT
authentication.You select the JWT authentication method for the Digital Messaging channel in the application rule. For more information, see Configuring Digital Messaging channel security.
- Click the Installation tab.
- Copy the generated values for Api id and Api url to a file.
- Click Download iOS SDK to download Pega Mobile Messaging SDK for iOS to your computer.Pega Mobile Messaging SDK helps you embed web messaging in your native iOS app.
For example: The following figure shows the installation settings for an iOS app messaging connection in Digital Messaging Manager:
- Optional: To configure the ability to receive messages in your iOS app when a user is
Note: Pega Mobile Messaging SDK for iOS does not send push notifications directly to devices.
- Set up Pega Mobile Messaging SDK that you downloaded in step 12 for iOS app development.
- Add custom Swift code that uses Pega Mobile Messaging SDK in your iOS app project, and include the Api id and Api url values from step 11.
- Build your iOS app.