Troubleshooting email accounts in the Email channel
Ensure that Pega Email Bot™ can react to emails at any time so that user issues are quickly addressed in the application, by verifying that the email settings for the channel always work as expected. As a result, users can interact with the email bot to report an issue or ask for more information without any delay.For example, when the email bot cannot receive emails, a channel administrator can quickly troubleshoot the issue in a variety of ways by performing such actions as restarting the email listener or minimizing throttling of the system.
- Ensure that a dedicated instance of the email account and email
listener is created in Pega Platform. You cannot use an email account and email listener for an Email channel if other services in the application already use the listener.
- Ensure that the dedicated email listener completes these tasks:
To learn how to resolve email listener issues and optimize its performance, see Troubleshooting email listeners and Best practices for optimizing email listener performance.
- Starts and runs continuously in the application.
- Processes emails and sends autoreply messages.
- Processes an email by marking the content in its thread as read.
- Processes text formatting, images, and attachments in emails correctly, including large files.
- Does not accumulate too many emails in the inbox causing
throttling and other performance issues. Throttling occurs when the email listener drops the connection or rejects additional connections if the number of incoming email messages surpasses a certain threshold. For more information, see Throttling during email processing.
- If issues persist in the system, restart the email listener. For more information, see Restarting an email listener.
Previous topic Troubleshooting the email bot Next topic Troubleshooting email routing conditions