Creating action flow templates
To speed up the process of creating new actions, configure a basic action flow template that you can later reuse by using the Dynamic template option.
- In Next-Best-Action Designer, create a new dedicated issue (for example, Templates) and group (for example, Actions).
Use this issue and group to store templates, so you can easily find them later.
- In the Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, click Content > Actions.
- Click Create > Action.
- Select the issue and group that you created for your action flow templates, and fill out the other information on the Create Action screen.
Make sure to use the same naming convention for template actions, for example, Template - Retention - Discounts and Template - Retention - Bundles. This will make it easier to find the templates in the Dynamic template list.
- On the Flow tab, configure the outbound flow for your actions by right-clicking on the canvas and selecting the required steps.
The flow contains the sequence of steps which make up the action, for example, sending an email and then waiting for the customer's response.
- Click Save.
- When creating new actions, instead of defining the flow manually, click Dynamic template and select the action to reuse.
If you use a dynamic template for your action flow, you cannot edit the reused flow manually. To add or remove any steps, you must edit the flow of the original action which you selected as template.