Learners in Pega Academy complete missions. A mission is a collection of modules, challenges, a mission test, and (optionally) a mission exercise directed to a learning goal.
Missions are designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to close a capability gap, or to prepare learners for a certification exam. All missions allow learners to earn a badge, and some missions lead to a certification. Some larger missions may also contain missions in the collection of content. Missions are classified based on role, product, or capability, and the learner must complete a mission test and, if applicable, a mission exercise in order to earn a badge.
A mission should:
- fill a need not already covered by another mission
- validate specific, meaningful skills and knowledge
- focus on a product/capability or microjourney
- be of interest to a majority of our ecosystem, or an important subset of our ecosystem
- have enough training content to fully cover the topic (General guideline: approximately 1.5 hours minimum of content)