Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Integration with external systems
Modern enterprise applications and their data sources are rarely self-contained. Integration protocols and interoperability standards federate the data that is traditionally locked away in legacy systems of record, so that you can design applications that link multiple physically distributed resources. Pega Platform™ provides a comprehensive range of data and integration capabilities that simplify the task of connecting your application to these distributed resources and enable easy, flexible, and real-time access to the rich data that they store.
Integration is a broad subject that applies to many aspects of Pega Platform. Pega Platform natively supports a range of integration standards and communication protocols, allowing you to focus on the business requirements of your application rather than on connectivity issues. For more information, see the following articles. For integration on Pega Cloud, see Integration in your Pega Cloud environment.
Connect to data sources
Add new data sources to your application to make use of data from remote systems of record as if they were in your Pega application data source.
- Managing data and integrations with the Integration Designer
- Pega 7 management of data pages
- Data virtualization
- Create and test SOAP, SAP, and REST data sources
Expose assets from your Pega application as resources for other applications to consume by publishing microservice APIs for your case and data types.
- Getting started with the Pega API
- Configuring email accounts with the Email wizard
- Creating an SMS account
- Using a robotic desktop automation as a source for a data page
- Using a robotic automation as a source for a data page
- REST and SOAP integration services
- Integrating your application with external resources
Big data – Customer Decision Hub
Ensure that decision-making in your application is always driven according to the Next-Best-Action principle.
- Kafka data sets in decision management
- Working with HBase data sets on the Pega 7 Platform
- Working with HDFS data sets on the Pega 7 Platform
- Connecting to external Cassandra data store through Connect Cassandra rules
File and content management
Use external CMIS or online repositories to store and source application content.
- File and content storage
- Managing case attachments in CMIS systems
- Storing and sourcing content with BOX
- Downloading and configuring pluggable web storage provider components
- Integrating DocuSign with the Pega Platform
- SAP integration by using IDox XSD documents
- Configuring custom SFTP and FTPS implementations for Pega applications
- SSH FTP for FTP server records
Governance security configuration
Ensure that only authorized users have access to your applications and data.
- Best practices for securing REST and SOAP connectors
- OAuth 2.0 in REST integration
- Accessing the Pega API by using OAuth 2.0
- Accessing protected API resources by using OAuth 2.0
- Configuring the Pega 7 Platform as a service provider (SP)
- Web single sign-on (SSO) with SAML 2.0
- How to configure the application server to support SSL/ TLS in PRPC
Project management integrations: Agile Studio and Agile Workbench
Integrate Agile Workbench with Pega Agile Studio to synchronize user stories and bugs between the two systems.
Previous topic Data and Integration Next topic Getting started with Pega API for Pega Platform