Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Integrating with file and content management systems
File storage and knowledge management repositories store assets and provide versioning and metadata support. Pega Platform can communicate with common repository technologies and can also act as a binary repository.
You can use repositories as follows:
- In a continuous integration and delivery pipeline, to provide centralized storage for software that is to be tested, shipped or deployed. Pega Platform can browse, publish, or fetch artifacts that are created whenever an action creates a RAP: for example, exporting an application, product, branch, or component.
- In case processing, to store and source file attachments.
Pega Platform includes wizards to create the following repository types.
- JFrog Artifactory
- Amazon S3
- File system
- Microsoft Azure
- Pega Platform
You can also create custom repositories that behave in the same way as the repositories shipped with Pega Platform. For more information, see Creating a custom repository type.
The repository is an instance of the Data-Repository class which holds all information required to connect to a repository.
Access to repositories is controlled by roles:
- PegaRULES:RepositoryAdministrator – The user can create, modify, and delete repository instances and browse and fetch contents from the repository. The PegaRules:SysAdm4 role includes this access.
- PegaRULES:RepositoryUser – The user can view repository instances and browse and fetch contents from the repository.
- File and content storage
- Viewing file storage destinations
- Adding a file repository
- Using file listeners
Previous topic Upgrading REST connectors with URLs that only contain parameters Next topic File and content storage