Cause a data page to refresh the next time it is accessed by removing or forcibly expiring the data page.
Data pages are refreshed according to the strategy that is defined on the Load Management tab of the data page. When you remove a node-level data page, the system removes the data page from all nodes in the system.
Use one of the following methods to remove a data page:
- Use the Page-Remove method in an activity and specify the data page that you want to remove. For more information, see Page-Remove method.
- Use the Remove action in a data transform and specify the
data page that you want to remove as the target. For more information, see Data Transform form - Remove action.
Note: For parameterized data pages, the Pega-Remove and Remove actions remove one instance of the data page. You must provide the parameter values to the data page instance that you want to remove. If you do not provide parameter values, the system looks at the parameter page and removes only the one that matches.
- Configure a step in a case to automatically clear all data pages that the case previously loaded by using the removePagesThatStartWith function.
- Click Clear data page on the Load Management
tab of the data page rule form.
If the data page has parameters, after you click Clear data page, the Clear data page window opens. Specify whether to clear all instances of the data page or choose specific parameters.
For more information, see Managing data page instances on the clipboard.
- Click Flush all instances of this data page before execution check box. for a data page, and on the dialog that appears, select the
- You can use Page-Remove for node-level, requestor-level, and thread-level data pages.
- You cannot use the Clipboard tool to remove data pages.
- Node-level data pages are reloaded at different times on each node, depending on when they are accessed. Therefore, for node-level data pages that use a time-based refresh strategy, automatic reload occurs at different times on different nodes.