Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Viewing the data model for a data object
View and extend the data model for a data object with scalars, entities, and relationships that meet the needs of your business.
In App Studio, click.
In Dev Studio, click Data types.
Click the data object for which you want to view the data model.
On the Data model tab, click View data model.
Result: The right side shows a diagram of the case types and data objects in your application and how they are connected. The data object and its connections are highlighted in the diagram, and the properties that apply to the data object are displayed in the left pane. Case types have a case icon in them.
Explore the data model by using the following options:
- To search for a property, enter the property name in the search box in
the left panel and press Enter.
The search results show a list of matches and indicate where the field is located. In the right panel, the blue node is the node you are hovering over, the dark gray nodes contain a matching entry, and the light gray nodes do not have a matching entry.
- To open the Data Designer for a case or data object, click the case or data object in the diagram and click Open in the left pane.
- To add a field to a case or data object, click the Plus icon in the left pane.
- To edit a field, hover over it and click the Gear icon.
- To delete a field, hover over it and click the Delete icon.
- To view broken associations, click Actions >
Reporting schema mode.
To create a new relationship, add a data reference field or switch to Dev Studio and add an association. When you create a data reference, an association is automatically created.
- To search for a property, enter the property name in the search box in the left panel and press Enter.
Previous topic Viewing the data model for a case Next topic Viewing the integration landscape