Email listeners route email messages to a Service Email rule. Pega Platform uses Service Email rules to determine which service activity to use for processing the email message. For example, an email listener might route an email message from a job applicant to a Service Email rule for adding attachments to recruiting cases. The service activity in the email service rule attaches the job candidate's resume to the case.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Services category, and then click Service Email.
- Click Create.
- In the Service Email Record Configuration section, define the
rule's name, the service package to which the rule belongs, and the name of the service
class that is used to group related service rules:
- In the Label field, enter a short description or title that describes the purpose of this record.
- In the Customer Package Name field, press the Down arrow key to select the name of a service package (instance of the Data-Admin-ServicePackage class).
- In the Customer Class Name field, enter the name of the
service class. This name is used only to group related service rules. Start the name with a letter and use only letters and digits.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Service tab, in the Primary page
section, configure the page:
- In the Primary page class field, enter the applies to class of the service activity.
- In the Data transform field, select a data transform for the system to use for creating the page that you specify in the Page name field.
- In the Page name field, enter a page name for the class that
you specify in the Page Class field.This page is the top-level clipboard page that the Pega Platform uses as the primary page when running the activity that is called by this email service.You can enter any page name or accept the default value MyServicePage. (This page name has no special characteristics.)
- In the Service activity section, in the Activity
name field, specify the name of the activity that provides the processing
for this service rule.
For example: The activity can start a work item in a flow, or perform a flow action on an existing work item. This activity is known as the service activity.The system uses the value you enter in the Primary page class field as the applies to key part of the activity. The system creates a page with the name that you provide in the Page name field, and then passes that name to the activity as the primary page. If the Page name field is blank, the system passes the activity an unnamed page.
Parameter values from the incoming request override the values that you set on this tab. On the Request tab, fields that map to keys that begin with param. override the values that you specify in this field.
- If you edit the parameters in the activity that you specified in the
Activity name field in step 2, click Refresh
parameters to display the changes in this section.
If you edit the parameters in the activity that you specified in the Activity name field, click Refresh parameters to display the changes in this section.
Note: The changes that you make in the service activity render in all service rule forms that use the service activity.
- Optional: To indicate that each use of this service is not to count as a service invocation under
the terms of your license agreement, in the Processing options
section, select Method is read-only. For more information, see Working with the License Compliance facility and service invocation.
- Click Save.