Connecting a data object to a system of record
You typically connect a data object to a system of record when you first create a data object. For example, for an Employee data object, you might connect to a system of record that populates the data object with employee information fields, such as Name, Department, or Start Date. However, you can connect an existing data object to a system of record after creation by completing the following steps.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Under Data, click Data objects and integrations.
- Click a data object.
- Click the Data views tab.
- Click Connect to system of record.The System field displays Pega as the default system.
- To connect to a Pega system of record, accept the default.
- To create a new system to connect to an external database, click Create new.
- Click Submit.
Result: The Data views tab displays the data view name, type, and database source.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Reusing CRM data types Next topic Updating a data record