To integrate your application with data from an external source, you connect data objects to a system of record using REST.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click Data objects and integrations.
- Click an existing data object that is not connected to an external system of record.
- Click the Data views tab and choose one of the following
- If your data object is not connected to a system of record, click Connect to system of record.
- If your data object is connected to Pega database storage, in the row of
the data view with the source that you want to replace, click
Note: If you are replacing an aggregate source, the new source replaces the entire aggregate source. You cannot replace the individual sources within the aggregate source..
- In the System field, select a system of record.
- Create new – Create a new system to connect to an external database by using a REST connection. Then, enter a name and a description for the new system.
- Use an existing system – Select the name of an existing system to connect to an external database by using a REST connection.
- In the Connection details section, in the Method field, select the connection method, GET or POST as the connection method.
- In the Endpoint URL field, enter the endpoint URL of the data.
- In the Parameters section, choose which part of the URL are dynamic and need to be parameterized for future calls.
- In the Headers section, click Add header to specify a request header and its value. Some services require extra information, for example, API version.