To simplify automating and digitizing your business process and eliminate the need to reference external spreadsheets, create case types by importing XLSX and CSV files. For example, users who work on App Factory can import Excel spreadsheet data to automatically track the status of customer data, invoices, and service requests.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- On the upper-right corner, click New.
- In the Create case type field, enter the case type name.
- Define your case type from a spreadsheet by clicking Create data model using spreadsheet.
- Click Next.
- On the Select file page, click Browse.
- Navigate to your
.csvfile, and then click Open.
- Click Next.
- On the Create fields page, edit the following fields to choose
and manipulate the data that is included in your final output:
- To change the columns to include in the final output, in the
Column field, select the column headers of the spreadsheet that
you want to display.
By default, all the columns are selected when the page loads.
- To change the field names for the columns, in the Field name field, make your edits.
- To change the field types that are configured for the field names, in the Field type field, edit any types that might be inconsistent with the type of information contained in the field.
- To change the columns to include in the final output, in the Column field, select the column headers of the spreadsheet that you want to display.
- Click Create.
- Optional: To view the new data model, click the Data model tab.
- Click Save.For more information, see Importing data from a file.