Creating a data object
Use data objects to simplify the organization of the information that your application needs to process a case. For example, configure an Onboarding application to provide orientation course suggestions to new hires based on department. In the Onboarding application, a Courses data object might include fields such as Course ID, Course Title, Department, Duration, and Description.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click Data objects and integrations.
- Click New.
- In the Data objects name field, enter the name for the type of information that you want to model.
- To define where your data is stored, in the Define source data
field, select one of the following options:
- To set a local Pega data object, select Now, and then
select Pega in the Systems list.
By connecting to Pega database storage, you can add fields and complete your data model. When your data model is complete, and your external data sources are available, you can optionally connect to them.
- To defer defining a source system, for example if your source system is not yet ready, select Later.
- To set a local Pega data object, select Now, and then select Pega in the Systems list.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Adding a data object Next topic Creating a data type in Dev Studio