Local data storage lets you store data records for a data type without having to manually create or maintain database tables. Local data storage is used with a data type 's record editor.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Data types.
- Click the data type.
- Click Sources.
- Click Create a local source.
- Optional: Add a property by clicking Add a row. Remove a property by clicking the Delete icon to the right of the property row. To change the property order, click and drag the icon to the left of a property row to reposition the property.
- Specify which column to use as the key by clicking Add this property as key in the Use as Key column.
- To generate single, list and savable data pages for this data type, select Generate single, list, and savable data pages.
- Optional: To change the default data page names, change the defaults in the Single
instance data page name, List data page name, and
Savable data page fields. Start the data page names with a "D_" followed by letters and numbers, with no spaces.
- In the Database field, select the database to use.
- Click Submit.
- Review the list of the properties configured for local data storage.
- Optional: Select View Details to view the database table, report definition, and data page details.
- Click on a link to review the rules created for the database table, database table mapping rule, report definition, single instance data page, list data page, and savable data page.
- Click Close.