Creating a migration configuration template
Ensure a successful migration of data into your application by using a configuration template to set up your environment.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Template field, do one of the following
- Select an existing template.
- Select Create new.
- In the Clone from field, select a template to use as a starting point for the new configuration.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the template.
- Optional: In the Disable history section, click Disable history for all work classes.
- Optional: In the Disable database indexes and background
processing section, select the fields to remove from indexes. Do not remove indexes for fields that are used for matching during the data import or for fields that are used by the lookup option.
- Click Add class.
- In the Class field, select the class that you want to configure.
- To select additional properties to exclude, in the Exclude properties column, click Edit.
- Select the properties to exclude from indexing and click Submit.
- In the Disable DB Indexes column, select or clear the check box.
- In the Disable auto vacuuming column, select or clear the check box.
- To add additional classes, repeat steps a through f.
- Optional: In the Disable queue processors section, click Add queue processor, select the queue processors that you want to disable, and click Submit.
- Optional: In the Disable agents section, click Add agent, select the agents that you want to disable, and click Submit.
- Optional: In the Disable job schedulers section, click Add job scheduler, select the job schedulers that you want to disable, and click Submit.
- Optional: In the Disable listeners section, click Add listener, select the listeners that you want to disable, and click Submit.
- Optional: In the Dynamic system settings section, change the values
of the data migration dynamic system settings.For optimal performance, use the following dynamic system settings and default values that are displayed in the Dynamic system settings section:
- Pega-RULES.import/BatchSize – Specifies the number of records in a batch being imported.
- Pega-Engine.prconfig/pradapter/loggingLevel/default – Specifies the default logging level for the system log. This setting overwrites the setting in the JVM properties file.
- Pega-RULES.indexing/enabled – Specifies whether full text search indexing is enabled.
- In the Change value field, enter a new value.
- To add additional settings, click Add setting.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Migrating application data Next topic Using the Data Import wizard