You can create data sources in your application by using standard methods to obtain data from external REST services. You can also configure the authentication for the data sources by using a basic, NTLM, or OAuth 2.0 authentication scheme. When you use the Create REST Integration wizard to create a data source, the system generates the records that are required to use the data source. These records include classes, properties, mapping rules, data transforms, a connector, a data page, and optionally, an authentication profile, an OAuth 2.0 provider, and an access token.
- To begin creating a REST integration, in the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Configure the REST connection.
- Select methods for REST integration.
- Define the data model for REST integration.
- Update and generate records for REST integration.
- Review the record generation summary.
- Configuring a REST connection
On the Connection page of the Create REST Integration wizard, you can configure the connection of your system with the external REST service.
- Selecting methods for REST integration
On the Resource methods page of the Create REST Integration wizard, you can choose the standard methods to use for the creation of a data source in your application and override the headers for each method.
- Defining a data model for REST integration
On the Data model page of the Create REST Integration wizard, you can define the data model for your REST integration by adding a REST response or uploading a file. The system parses sample requests and responses to determine the data model.
- Updating and generating records for REST integration
On the Review page of the Create REST Integration wizard, you can review and update the information for the integration and data layers of your REST integration and generate the records for these layers.
- Reviewing the record generation summary
On the Generation Summary page of the Create REST Integration wizard, review the records that were created for your REST integration and their location. You can review the record generation summary when the record generation is in progress and after the records are generated.