Use the XML Page tab to identify a data transform that defines the schema of an XML object. The service rule uses the data transform to map the XML object's arguments to and from the pages and properties.
When you use the XML Page tab to specify a data transform for mapping an argument, you are specifying that you want the WSDL file generated in the service package to include schema definitions for complex properties. In other words, the SOAP operation style for the services is document-literal rather than RPC-encoded.
In this situation, the data transform only specifies the properties to add to the page. The system does not use any values specified for those properties in the data transform. The system parses the request message for the properties listed in the Target column of the data transform's Set actions. The system ignores properties that are listed in the data transform but not present in the message, and does not add the properties to the page.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Services category, and then click Service SOAP.
- In the list of Service SOAP instances, select the instance for which you want to specify a data transform to map an XML object's arguments.
- Click the XML Page tab.
- In the Schema definitions section, in the Page
key field, enter the name of a page of the class identified in the
Class name field.This page can be an embedded page within the primary page that you identified on the Service tab, or a top-level page.
- In the Class name field, specify the class rule that holds the data model of the XML object being mapped.
- In the Data transform field, select a data transform (instance
of Rule-Obj-Model) that specifies the properties that the system
should parse to or from the message and the clipboard page. This data transform only specifies the properties to add to the page. The property names are specified in the Target column of Set actions in the data transform. Any values specified in the corresponding Source columns of those Set actions are ignored in this situation. As a result, you can enter "" in the Source column for those Set action rows.
- Click Save.