Select the data that your application needs for processing by mapping fields from the REST response to the data view.
- Click Initialize call to request data from the REST
service and display the response.
Result: The system displays the connector parameters on the left and the data page parameters on the right. The top-level JSON element determines the structure of the data page and is a list page if the element is an array, or a single page if the element is an object.
- On the Data mapping page, choose whether to use live data
or data from a JSON file to create the data object.
- To use data from your system of record, select Live response.
- To use data from a JSON file, click . Follow the prompts to upload a file or paste in a sample JSON, and then click Submit.
- Map the data from the response to the fields in your data object.
- Click REST response.There are some limitations for mapping fields.For more information, see Data mapping limitations.
- Optional: To view only the fields that are mapped or to view all fields, toggle the Mapped only option.
- Optional: To view details about the response, such as the return code or the raw data, click the Information icon.
- For each single-value item, such as a string or Boolean, that you want to use in your application, drag the item from the response column to a corresponding field in the Fields column.
- If a corresponding field does not exist, add a new field to the data view by clicking the Add icon.
- Click REST response.
- Map the data from the request to the fields in your data object.
- Click REST request.
- For each connector parameter, select the data page parameter to which you want to map, or enter a new parameter.
Note: You can only add parameters. You cannot delete them for backwards compatibility.
- Click Next to advance to the environment Settings window.
- Click Submit to complete the mapping.
- Click Save to save the changes to the data view.