Select the data that your application needs for processing by mapping fields from the REST response to the data view.
- Click Initialize call to request data from the REST
service and display the response.
Result: The connector parameters are on the left and the data page parameters are on the right. The top-level JSON element determines the structure of the data page - a list page if it's an array, or a single page if it's an object.
- Choose whether to use live data or data from a JSON file to create the data
- To use data from your system of record, select Live response.
- To use data from a JSON file, click . Follow the prompts to upload a file or paste in sample JSON and click Submit.
- Create properties in the data object and map the response fields to your data
view.If the REST service returns data in heterogeneous JSON structures, for example an array that contains different object types, switch to Dev Studio and configure the data transform to handle the data.
- Select the fields that you want to include in the data object and map
them to your data view by using the following options:
- To add the field to the data object, click Add new. You can change the field name and its type.
- To add all of the fields from the REST response to the data object using the same field names, click Add all. To change the name and the data object, click on the name. To remove a field mapping, click on the name and click the delete icon.
- To remove all of the fields from the data object, click Clear all.
- Select the fields that you want to include in the data object and map them to your data view by using the following options:
- Click Next
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.