Using FTP server data instances
To transfer a file using FTP, SFTP, or FTPS:
- Define an FTP server instance. On the Environment tab, click Test Connectivity to confirm the connection information.
- In an activity, use the Connect-FTP method to transfer the file.
- Include the activity at an appropriate place within a flow, or as part of an agent that runs on a schedule.
Modifying FTP server timeout
Pega Platform provides an application setting that you can use to configure the timeout value for your FTP server. The application setting defines the amount of time in which Pega Platform attempts to connect to a remote FTP server before a timeout occurs. The default value is 20000 milliseconds.
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and select pyFTPServerConnectionTimeout.
- On the Settings tab of the pyFTPServerConnectionTimeout application setting form, in the Value per production level section, modify the timeout value for each production level as needed.
For more information, see Defining values for an application setting.