Testing operations in SOAP integration
You can configure the request for each operation that you selected for your SOAP integration and test the operation to view the response.
- Click Test next to each operation to open the Test Data Source dialog box.
- To update the test endpoint URI for the operation, click Edit.
- In the Request section, in the Tree View
tab, configure the body of the request in a tree format by adding nodes.The system updates the XML tab with the corresponding XML format.
- Add a child to a node by selecting the node and clicking Add Child. Then, enter the node name and node value for the new node. Add subsequent child nodes in a similar manner.
- Add a sibling for a child node by selecting the node and clicking Add Sibling.
- Add an attribute for a node by selecting the node and clicking Add Attribute.
- Create a copy of a child node as a sibling by clicking Duplicate next to the node.
- View the namespace prefixes of the nodes and attributes in the body of the request by clicking Show namespace prefixes.
- Remove a node by selecting the node and clicking Delete.
- On the XML tab, configure the body of the request in raw XML
format.The system updates the Tree View tab with the corresponding tree format.
- On the Authentication tab, configure the authentication for the
- To choose an existing authentication profile, select Use Existing and enter the profile name.
- Select Define New to create a new authentication profile
and select an authentication scheme:
- Basic authentication scheme
- Requires a user name, a password, a realm name, and a host name. If the external service requires preemptive authentication, you can enable preemptive authentication by selecting the corresponding check box
- NTLM authentication scheme
- Requires a user name, a password, a domain name, and a host name.
- If you selected Basic in step 5,
to receive a basic authentication request before the server gives an unauthorized
response, select Preemptive authentication. Selecting this check box reduces connection overhead.
- Click Test to view the response.
Result: The default response is displayed in a tree format on the Tree View tab. You can switch to the XML tab to view the response in raw XML format.
- Click OK to close the Test Data Source dialog box and continue with step 6 of Selecting operations for SOAP integration.
Previous topic Configuring the authentication for data sources in SOAP integration Next topic Generating records for SOAP integration