- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
- Click Data objects and integrations.
- Click a data object.
- Click Data views.
- In the row of the data view with the source that you want to replace, click .
- In the Connection details section, in the Method field, select the connection method, GET or POST.
- In the Parameters section, choose
which part of the URL are dynamic and need to be parameterized for future
- Select the URL part that you want to parameterize.
- In the Parameter name field, enter the name.
- In the Headers section, click Add header to specify a request header and its value. Some services require extra information, for example, API version.
- In the Authentication section, select the type of authentication to use to connect to the system of record.
- Map the REST response and request fields to fields in the data view.
- For information about mapping fields for the GET method, see Mapping fields for the GET method for existing data objects.
- For information about mapping fields for the POST method, see Mapping fields for the POST method for existing data objects.
- Click Next.
- Optional: On the Environment settings page, in the
Endpoint URL section, update the application setting
by performing one of the following actions:
- To create a new application setting, in the Setting field, press the Down arrow key and select Create New Setting. Then change the values in the Name field and Category field if necessary.
- To use an existing application setting, in the Setting field, press the Down arrow key and select an existing application setting from the list.
- In the section for the environment that you are configuring, click Edit.
- In the Do you want to edit this setting? dialog box, click Edit.
- Update the value in the Base URL field.
- Optional: In the Authentication section, update the application setting by performing one of the following actions provided in step 12.
- Click Submit.
When you replace a data source, the following artifacts are created or versioned:
- Integration class, if it does not exist
- Connect REST rule
- A new application setting is created for the authentication profile
- A new application setting is created for the base URL
- Response data transform
- Response JSON data page
- The existing data page is versioned with the new source information