Take advantage of all available configuration options for a URL by upgrading REST
connectors with URLs that are sourced from a Global Resource Setting (GRS), for example,
As a best practice, use an application setting to control the values of the URL and the authentication profile of a REST connector. Application settings allow explicit configuration that takes into account the production levels, and if required, you can use GRS as part of the application setting configuration. For more information, see Creating an application setting.
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Click on the REST connector that you want to upgrade.
- On the Service tab, click Upgrade to new endpoint configuration.
- In the Create application setting(s) window, create a
new application setting:
- In the Owning ruleset field, enter the domain for the application setting. This value does not have to equal a ruleset name; it functions as a namespace.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the application setting.
- In the Short description field, enter text that describes the purpose of the application setting.
- Optional: Specify a category in the Category field.By default, the Value fields in the Value per production level section are populated with the GRS resource path.
- Click Submit. The Base URL field is populated with the application setting that you created.
- Click Save.