After you enable the built-in Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) ruleset on Pega Platform and create a Extract rule, you can schedule Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) extractions using Pega Platform Job Scheduler rule.
- The Extract rule label
- The Extract rule class group
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Label field, enter a name for the Job Scheduler rule.
- In the Context field, select BIX-enabled application.
- Click Create and open to display the Job Scheduler definition page.
- In the Runs on drop-down list, click Any one associated node.
- In Schedule, specify a period in which to run the scheduled extraction process. Each schedule form varies depending on the timeframe selected from the drop-down list.
- In Context, select Specify Access Group and then enter the Access Groups that have access to class Rule-Admin-Extract.
- In Class, enter the class for the extraction rule, Rule-Admin-Extract.
- In Activity, enter the extraction activity, pxExtractDataWithArgs.
- Click Parameters and enter the following BIX extraction
- In pyExtractName, enter the Extract rule label.
- In pyExtractClassName, enter the Extract rule class group.
- In pyArgs, enter any runtime rule-specific
parameters that you want to run on your BIX extractions. Enter the
parameters in the -n <value> format if a value
For example, you enter -c -f -x to schedule extraction processes that contain all child classes from the selected Extract rule, include headers and footers in the output extract files, and stop the process upon the first encountered error. For a full list of Extract rule parameters, see BIX parameters and command-line arguments.
- Click Save to schedule the extraction process.
You can find a history of extraction results on the Extract rule Execution History tab.
- Running an Extract rule by using an agent
Running an Extract rule using a Pega Platform agent.