Robotic process automations (RPAs) are automations that run in the back office. For example, you can use an RPA to obtain a credit score from a legacy system that you can then display on a Pega Customer Service application account overview dashboard.
- In App Studio or Dev Studio, build a simple case type to model the overall robotic automation. Include the input fields that you want to pass to the RPA robot in the case data model, for example, customer ID, mailing address, or account number. In addition, include the output data fields that you want the robot to pass back to your Pega application, for example, credit score, account balance, or claim number.
- In App Studio or Dev Studio, build a simple case life cycle. The case life cycle must include the Route to robot smart shape. The smart shape queues the automation request to the RPA robot. This is the case that will be referenced on the data page.
- In Pega Robotic Automation Studio, build the automation logic for the robot to execute. Once your automation is completed, reference the robot activity name in the Queue for robot smart shape.
- Configure the location of the Robot Manager host server and the authentication
profile to use when connecting to it.For more information, see Configuring the Robot Manager host server and authentication profile.
- Configure the data page.For more information, see Configuring a data page for sourcing from robotic automation.