Where, when, and whether file listeners start
Control where, when, and whether file listeners start by using fields on the File Listener rule form and by using dynamic system settings.
- Where – Controlled by the Startup Option property on the Properties tab of the file listener rule form. Listeners can run on all nodes, specified nodes, on a specified number of nodes on specific servers within the cluster, or on specified node types.
- When – Controlled by the initServices/initFile dynamic
system setting. When this setting is set to true, you can
start and stop specific listeners on specific nodes from Admin Studio.
- Owning ruleset – Pega-Engine
- Purpose – initServices/initFile
- Value – true (default)
You can also change the initServices/initFile setting in the
- Whether – Controlled by the Block startup option on the Properties tab of the file listener rule form. Listeners that are not blocked start when Pega Platform starts and can be stopped and restarted from Admin Studio. Blocked listeners do not start when a Pega Platform node starts and they cannot be started from Admin Studio.
Previous topic Using file listeners Next topic Creating a file listener