Adding a database column by using the Data Type explorer in Dev Studio
Add a database column to your internal database by editing the columns in the Data Type Records tab.The Data Type explorer can add additional columns to properties that are associated with a data type in their respective table in the Pega Platform database. By updating the Pega Platform database through Data Types, you can use the same functionality as by updating your database directly. Updating your database through data types gives Pega Cloud clients another option to manage their database.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Data types.
- Select the data type to which you want to add a column.
- Click the Records tab.
- In the Source section, in the Actions list, select Edit Columns.
- In the Edit Columns window, click the Add a row icon.
- Enter the parameters of the column that you want to add to the database.
- Click Submit.
- Changing database column length by using the Integration Designer
Edit the column length in a table in your internal database for properties that are associated with data objects.
Previous topic Managing the database by using data types Next topic Changing database column length by using the Integration Designer