Define the parameters for refreshing the data page in Pega Platform. You can indicate that the data is no longer valid after a certain amount of time, or set your application to reload the page the first time a user interacts with it. The Refresh strategy section displays for read-only data pages.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Data Model category, and then click Data Page.
- Click the row of the data page that you want to open.
- Click the Load Management tab.
- In the Refresh strategy section, complete the following
- For data pages with a scope of Thread or
Requestor: To cause Pega Platform to refresh the page exactly once per user
interaction, select Reload once per
interaction.When selected, the system ignores any values in the Do not reload when and Reload if older than fields at run time.
Note: For Repeat Grids that have Reload once per interaction enabled, and that also use data pages as sources, triggering the Refresh List action removes the sorting order.
- Optional: To identify the when rule to be evaluated when a requestor accesses a
page with a scope of Thread or
Requestor, in the Do not reload
when field, press the Down arrow key to select a when
rule.If the when rule evaluates to false, the system refreshes the page content, but never more than once per user interaction.
- Optional: For data pages with a scope of Thread,
Requestor, or Node: To
indicate that the data page is refreshed only when the system makes an
access request after the expiration time, and is never refreshed more
than once per user interaction, in the Reload if older
than section, enter values for days, hours, minutes, and
For example: For a reload time of ten minutes:
- The system accesses the data page for the first time at 12:00. The data page loads because this is the first access.
- The system accesses the data page for the second time at 12:08. The data page is not loaded, and the existing copy is returned.
- The system accesses the data page for the third time at 12:11. The data page reloads because the time from the last reload at 12:00 exceeds the Reload if older than setting of ten minutes.
- For data pages with a scope of Thread or Requestor: To cause Pega Platform to refresh the page exactly once per user interaction, select Reload once per interaction.
- Click Save.